<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9018963\x26blogName\x3dLife+of+Randy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thedeotch.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thedeotch.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d597501465808686233', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Complete mind blow...

So I was browsing the internet today, minding my own business (which happened to be trying to find a new nforce4 motherboard with SLI support so I can build the most disgusting computer of all time...dual GPU's....*drool*) and I got a little sidetracked as I was searching for Sara Bareilles, whom I mentioned in yesterdays post. And I came upon this website that sells independently released albums from around the world. Basically they try not to carry any major record label releases. In browsing their "Top 20 Sellers of All Time" I came across this little number: Prozak for Lovers. I listened to a minute or two, and I am still suffering the after-effects.


I probably sat in my parents living room for the better part of an hour, completely enthralled and beguiled by these sultry, bassanova-esque remakes of songs like "Don't Fear the Reaper" and "I Wanna Be Sedated". It was unreal, I felt like I was on some kinda beatnik mind trip that had managed to last 30 years longer than was originally planned (believe me, blowing your mind is a complete logistical nightmare). Anyways, whatever, I think I've lost it a little, but I felt the need to share this with you all. Please, oh please, at the very least, listen to the remake of "Reaper". It'll make you want to curl up into the fetal position and curse the gods of Classic Rock.


In other news, blogger.com sucks because its stupid proprietary template system has trouble displaying, what we call in technical terms, "images". Yes, apparently showing pictures is just too tough for the little-blogging-site-that-could. Either that or its Webshots fault for not letting me host the sites marquee image on their site anymore, they must have some kind of traffic limit. If only you people would stop clicking away at the link in my profile like banshees (because thats what banshees do, they click alot), then we wouldnt have this bandwidth problem.




Alas, the curse of fame. I cannot escape my own celebrity.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment