<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9018963\x26blogName\x3dLife+of+Randy\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thedeotch.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thedeotch.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d597501465808686233', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

He has returned from whence he came...

OK so after a...(pause while I do math)...3 and half month hiatus, I have returned from my journey into the nether-regions of North Carolina. I made a few stops along the way (Georgia, Oregon, Washington, Illinois...etc...), but I am finally back in Massachusetts where I belong. I don't really have much to say about the last three months other than the fact that there were full of events. You might even say eventful, but that would just be pretentious.
An event of note is that I am now a nationally certified Wilderness First Responder, which means if you screw up in the middle of the woods and break your femur, well then I am fully trained to freak out and lose consciousness when I see the bone sticking out of your leg. Not but seriously, after I come to, I can set the bone, pull traction-in-line, assess the MOI, and keep your vitals for you. So what does this mean? Well, it means that I am relatively useless to you unless you and I happen to be in a heavily wooded area an hour away from the nearest road. But if ever in the future of my travels you and I cross paths in just such an environment AND you happen to have a life threatening injury, well you're in luck (when I say future, I mean the next three years cause my cert. expires in 2008...so don't plan on hurting yourself afterwards.)
Anyway, I've written enough for today. I need to ease myself back into the process of sporadically updating this site. It is humorous to me that so many of you now have blogs that you also only update sporadically, its gives me great joy to see that my lackadaisical attitude has permeated the minds of those that read this ridiculous site. I've even had a few of you ask "hey, why don't you update the site anymore?". I think I told one of you that I was waiting for something to happen in my life that was amazing and fantastic enough to put on this site, but nothing amazing or fantastic has happened in my life recently (or at all really...*add somber sigh with a hint of depressed eyes here*), so don't get your panties all in a wad waiting for me to express some life changing epiphany that I've recently had.

Although I did learn that you can eat 100 year-old lichens called rock tripe by stir-frying them, which is pretty rad.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment